Less bad is
not good enough.
The 2019 CSR Report
Released in 2020, this report details our sustainability efforts for the past calendar year. In 2019 we continued to focus on going beyond sustainability — to aim for an overall Net Positive impact on the earth. This goal led us to innovate in our operations, design with sustainability as the source, and advocate for stronger standards across our industry.
- Making a Material Difference — We worked across our supply chain to eliminate harmful materials from our products which led us to new innovations. As of 2019, we completely eliminated Chrome 6 from all products.
- Tracking for Change — We tracked emissions beyond our organization allowing us to see our true impact. In 2019 our global waste diversion rate was 86.9%.
- Impact Partnerships — We hosted the NextWave Summit, which convened major corporations and sustainability experts with the shared mission of developing the first global network of ocean-bound plastic supply chains.
- A Conscious Culture — Our team of Sustainability Ambassadors, Humanscale employees dedicated to promoting sustainability through positive actions, doubled in size and now has a presence in 12 countries. We also partnered with community organizations to make a measurable positive impact.
- Design Innovation — Our sustainability-led designs were showcased on the world stage at the prestigious 2019 Milan Triennale.