Humanscale Showcases the Intelligent Office at CES 2017
Shaping the Future of Work and Well-Being
New York, NY, January 5, 2017 – Humanscale, the leader in ergonomic workplace design, comes to CES 2017 with solutions that blend connectivity, IoT and well-being, along with a wealth of third-party research and data to reveal the fundamental importance of their newest offerings.
WHAT: Humanscale, the leader in ergonomic workplace design, comes to CES 2017 with solutions that blend connectivity, IoT and well-being, along with a wealth of third-party research and data to reveal the fundamental importance of their newest offerings. Known for creating simple and highly functional solutions in seating, lighting, desking and technology, Humanscale is committed to shaping the future of the workplace with innovations that make their users healthier, more active and more productive. The only office furniture company to exhibit at CES, Humanscale will be showcasing new developments to products including OfficeIQ and M/Connect. It will also have a voice on the main stage of the Digital Health Summit as Humanscale’s Sit/Stand Product Director Jim Kidd addresses how technology is disrupting the longstanding norms in the workplace as part of a seminar entitled Colossal Advancements in Enterprise Tech.
Product highlights include:
- A first-of-its-kind connected workspace solution developed by Humanscale in collaboration with Detroit-based Tome Software.
- Now available to order with Humanscale’s QuickStand sit/stand tool.
- Demonstrating interface with weight-loss challenge features to incentivize teams while protecting user privacy.
- New prototypes for Humanscale and Tome's OfficeIQ including a design that interacts with the data from a popular global wearable device to create a better picture of activity from the office to home and anywhere in between.
- New OfficeIQ connected caster to measure activity and encourage movement for workers without height-adjustable workstations.
- Results of two new studies conducted by Ohio University and the University of Pittsburgh that reveal the health impact of sit/stand workstations and benefits of OfficeIQ smart notifications.
- Winner of the 2017 IoT Breakthrough Health & Wellness Innovation of the Year.
- A sleek and efficient USB 3.0 docking station.
- Works in tandem with Humanscale’s best-selling line of monitor arms.
- Acts as a universal connectivity hub, providing six USB ports (two are high-speed) alongside ergonomic comfort at the workstation.
- Designed to remove clutter and conceal permanent cables.
- Engineered to increase user productivity and efficiency as well as ergonomic health and comfort.
Seminar information includes:
Colossal Advancements in Enterprise Tech
- Saturday, January 7th from 12:00-12:30pm
- Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4303
- The Digital Health Summit audience will hear from three companies on the forefront of change as they address how digital health is vastly reforming the workplace. The second in a series entitled Employers Swipe Right: Game on Digital Health, it will address how employers can keep their teams healthy and active.
- Topics will include everything from online platforms, installing smart, ergonomic furnishings and utilizing wearables for “points”.
- Presenters: Jim Kidd, Humanscale, Sit/Stand Product Director; Dan Munro, Author “Casino Healthcare” and Forbes Contributor; Justin Barad, MD, Founder and CEO, Osso VR; Sohel Islam, Head of Engineering, Augmedix, Inc.
WHEN: CES 2017, January 5th-8th, 2017
WHERE: Humanscale booth 43110 in the Health & Wellness Marketplace, Tech West at the Sands Expo.
WHO: Interviews are available with:
- Tina Brennan, Brand Director, Humanscale
- Jim Kidd, Sit/Stand Product Director, Humanscale
- Jake Sigal, CEO and Co-Founder, Tome Software
- Massimo Baldini, President and Co-Founder, Tome Software
A passion for connecting hardware products to software applications led Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini to launch Tome, Inc. in April 2014. Founded in metro Detroit, the company develops connectivity products to keep people mobile and active, and creates value as a focused niche within the larger Internet of Things movement. Tome is a member of the StartUp Health accelerator, based in New York City. Sigal and Baldini sold their previous startup, Livio, to Ford Motor Co. in 2013. Learn more about Tome at http://www.tomesoftware.com.
Humanscale is the leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance ergonomic products that improve the health and comfort of work life. Through leveraging new technology in functional yet minimal designs, Humanscale transforms traditional offices into active, intelligent workspaces. Committed to making a net positive impact on the earth as well as our customers, Humanscale offers award-winning products designed with a focus on function, simplicity and longevity.